May 30, 2020
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
Worship at Emmanuel this Weekend
Many of our members will be returning to the sanctuary for worship this weekend. As we begin the process of moving back into the building, things will look and feel a little different. Pastor Sheafer and I have prepared a short video to give you an idea of what to expect if you choose to join us in person. You can find the video HERE. To read the entire letter sent to each home regarding our return to the sanctuary, please go to the letter posted last week on our website by clicking on this LINK.
We realize that many of you will continue to receive our worship services online. We fully support your decision and want to assure you that we will provide the same online resources that have been available over the last ten weeks. During this reopening process, we continue to be together in Christ as one body.
Office Hours and Pastoral Care
While we are returning to a “normal” schedule for worship, the church office will remain closed to the public until July 6. All staff members have returned to the office and are available to meet by appointment. Please call the office at 423-1369 if you would like to speak with a staff member.
Emmanuel has received $22,735 in special gifts designated to provide crisis support to those economically impacted by the coronavirus shutdown. If you need assistance, please contact our Director of Congregational Care, Lana Hille, or one of our pastors at 423-1369.
Counseling Assistance for Health Care Workers
Through their Serve Our Servants (SOS) fund, Cross Connections is offering free Biblical counseling to healthcare professionals and their immediate family members. If you have any questions about this gracious offer, please call Cross Connections at 373-0213.
Our congregation continues to care for one another through a faithful prayer ministry. Please pray for the following people this week:
- Give thanks with Kyle Smith and Annalissa Kammeyer who were united in marriage on Saturday, May 30.
- Pray for healing for June McPheeters who is being treated at Riley Hospital in Indianapolis.
- Pray for Jan Karrick’s brother, Cary Lasselle, who is having knee replacement surgery on June 4.
- Pray for Preston Essex as he recovers from surgery.
- Pray for Nancy Bowman and her family as they mourn the passing of her husband Ed.
- Pray for the new confirmands who will receive their first communion in the coming days.
- Pray for peace and provision for all who are unemployed.
- Pray for all health care workers as they continue to care for patients and residents.
- Pray for our Emmanuel family as members struggle with the ongoing impact of the pandemic.
Join our staff in praying for the following families this week:
- Chris Hogle
- Marla Hogle, Noah and Ben
- John and Noni Hoham
- Ashley Holley, Brooklyn, Bristol and Britton
- John Holt
- Nancy Holt
- Rolene Holt
- Dar Horine
- Pat Hormann
- Lois Horstmeyer
Together in Christ,